Five Grammys, four Golden Globes, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Emmys and an Oscar – that pretty much tells us everything about the actor that Robin Williams was.
A career span over five decades made him a household name but how all of us connect with him is through our childhood. He was a teacher in disguise who gave valuable life lessons through his movies.
So, here’s to five movies that are all-time favorite of many.
- Jumanji: 1995 was the year when this fantasy adventure flick came on screen. Two kids play a game in the movie and experience certain adventures. It starts with Alan Parrish aka Robin Williams who gets stuck in the game for 26 years. It was indeed a fun adventure ride that stayed with us throughout our childhood.
- Mrs. Doubtfire: Robin Williams embodied the role of ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ with such ease that it was tough for the cinema audience to separate the actor from the character he was playing. As the lead he was impactful and comical as hell. Certainly one reason to thank Robin Williams for this flick is because it gave us (Bollywood) our very own masterpiece – Chachi 420.
- Aladdin: Now who can forget Aladdin… Robin Williams lend his voice to everybody’s favourite character. This hilarious role garnered him many fans. I don’t know about others but 90s kids will always remember you, Sir.
- Dead Poets Society: ‘Carpe diem. Sieze the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.’ That’s Robin Williams’ message through ‘Dead Poet Society’. Williams plays maverick English teacher John Keating in the movie who inspires a class of male students to make the most of what the current day is giving them. If you haven’t watched this flick, then I’d suggest please download it right away.
- Good Will Hunting: The iconic bench scene from ‘Good Will Hunting’ is etched on everybody’s mind. Williams won ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for this one flick. And as far as the movie is concerned, the tagline says it all. ‘Some people can never believe in themselves, until someone believes in them.’ Two words for this one: Must watch!
I’m sure most of you must have already watched these movies. The man is simply a genius who has acted like a guide for us all through his movies. Here’s to the man!