Different books, different stories, different perspectives and different learnings.
But one thing is for sure, every book teaches us something special. Following the same line, last month Buy Books India did an amazing campaign that went with the theme ’30 Things Books Taught Us’.
And as I read all the reasons it mentioned, I thought it was worth noting them down. So, here are the top ten reasons that I found really intriguing:
1. ‘If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.’ That’s the classic case of ‘Alice in wonderland’. Clueless initially, know-it-all later.
2. ‘Never hate your enemies. It clouds your judgment.’ Mr. Mario Puzo certainly taught us something from ‘The Godfather’.
3. ‘To never give up on our dreams.’ I think there are many books that follow this line of thought and inspire us to never give up our dreams.
4. ‘The smallest people can be the bravest.’ Potterheads can take their cue from Dobby.
5. ‘Everyone has flaws.’ Whether you take Scarlett O’ Hara from ‘Gone With The Wind’ or Amir from ‘The Kite Runner‘, these struggle of these characters kept us moving and inspiring.
6. ‘Love survives even after death.’ I’m sure you won’t take a second to come up with the name of the book. It’s ‘P.S. I Love You.’
7. ‘It’s what you read when you don’t have to, that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.’ This Oscar Wilde quote makes sense in more ways than one.
8. ‘Believing in fairy tales is a necessary ingredient of life.’ Well, imagine your life without Aladdin or Cinderella or The Little Red Riding Hood.
9. ‘There’s such a thing as happily-ever-after.’ If you don’t believe in this, Daniel Steel will leave no stones unturned to make you believe in love and all the strings attached to it.
10. And last but not the least – ‘Books could be the most loyal friends we might have.’ No denying the fact here!
These ten facts indeed prove a point that books teach us a lot of stuff. Do add on to the list right here.